Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Property Accountant. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market-rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on both the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As a Property Accountant, you ensure the financial success of our properties and corporate entities.
As a Property Accountant at Core Living, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to the community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Monthly close process for multiple properties
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Reclass and accrual journal entries
- Variance report analysis
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages
- Review AP coding and documentation
- Quarterly reporting and distributions
- Assist with the annual budget
- Annual tax prep reports to accounting firms
- Assist property managers with questions and issues
- Ad hoc financial analysis
- Other projects as assigned
- 2+ years of Property Accounting experience (required)
- Yardi or similar software
- Customer service skills
- Work with all levels of company personnel
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- Ability to embrace company values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.