Maintenance Technician – Maven
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Burnsville, MN as a Maintenance Technician. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market-rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on both the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
Maven is the residence of choice for ambitious trendsetters with discerning taste. Located in Burnsville’s Heart of the City, wine bars, shopping, fine dining, and the Ames Center are all a five-minute walk away. Maven’s spacious, open-concept apartments feature refined finishings and modern amenity packages. Transcend the status quo, push ahead of the curve, and always make the bold choice – that’s just how we do things at Maven.
- General maintenance of multifamily apartment buildings, including occupied apartment units.
- Repairs in electrical, plumbing and appliances.
- Participation in cleaning and painting during unit turns.
- Snow removal
- Regular, professional and courteous communications with Property Managers, Maintenance Managers, and Residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ year’s property maintenance experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include; ability to lift up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.