Assistant Property Manager — College Living
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in St. Cloud, MN as an Assistant Property Manager. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market-rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on both the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
College Living St. Cloud is a 391-bed student housing portfolio that provides a variety of off-campus apartments for rent across the St. Cloud metro. The eight apartment buildings in the portfolio are located just blocks from St. Cloud State University’s campus and many are conveniently located on the city bus line. The portfolio includes studio, one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom floor plans that accommodate a variety of living arrangements.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As a Leasing Consultant, you help people envision life in their new home and get them connected in the community.
As a Leasing Consultant at CORE-Ames, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to the community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Help set the standard on how other staff members engage prospective and current residents.
- Tour and lease units as necessary.
- Help with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound financial decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects unit during move-in and move-outs, walking units and the community as needed.
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred
- Local market experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, knowledge of the internet, email, and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: the ability to walk the property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed, and professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.