Roving Property Manager – Iowa
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Des Moines, IA as a Roving Property Manager. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on both the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As a Property Manager, you ensure residents’ needs are met while driving the success of the business.
As a Roving Property Manager in Des Moines, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Assist properties with vacant positions.
- Achieve property performance goals set by management.
- Maintain strong resident relations, ensuring the residents are served well and satisfied with the community.
- Oversee the leasing of apartments and ensure that occupancy rates are maintained.
- Direct property operations and staff in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff to ensure work orders, building repairs, and corrective maintenance are being completed in a timely, correct manner.
- Oversee and manage rent collections and bank deposits.
- Pursue delinquent rents and evictions timely and aggressively.
- Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
- Work with Regional Manager to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
- Train employees within the portfolio.
- Special project assistance as requested by the Regional Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Yardi and Rent Café experience preferred.
- 4+ year’s management, leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Ability to work Saturdays, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays and locations may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
- Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.