Regional Manager — Minnesota
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Regional Property Manager. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on both the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As a Regional Property Manager, you ensure residents’ needs are met while driving the success of the business.
Responsibilities for this position involve the full range of property management functions including, but not limited to, implementation and follow-through of a detailed business plan; property management; tenant relations; and managing and leading a team of property managers, leasing agents, and maintenance engineers. This Regional Property Manager will spend approximately 30% of the time visiting properties and 70% in an office setting.
As a Regional Manager, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Maintaining the integrity of the physical asset and maximizing the returns from the asset in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Overseeing the residential property management team, including developing and ensuring implementing the scope of work, setting and managing annual operating budgets, reviewing performance, completing financial and operations-related reports, assisting with lease-ups, and ensuring the overall success of the portfolio.
- Developing and implementing a strategy for marketing, leasing, maximizing revenues and net operating income, and managing vacancy costs.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, recommending actions, and ensuring tasks are complete.
- Developing effective working relationships with colleagues, residents, and others by taking initiative, paying attention to detail, exercising good judgement, and communicating clearly.
- 8+ years of experience managing residential real estate (e.g., apartments, condominium, etc.)
- Real estate license (if applicable).
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Familiar with property management and accounting software such as Yardi, RENTCafé, or other equivalent industry software.
- Highly organized and capable of meeting strict and overlapping deadlines.
- Able to undertake multiple projects, manage shifting priorities, and handle a heavy workload.
- Provide mentorship and strategy to team — don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and help the team out.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset — loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity — trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.