Property Manager – Northlake Lofts
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Lakeville, MN as a Property Manager in February 2022.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
Northlake Lofts is a 208-unit market-rate apartment community in the fast-growing Twin Cities’ southern suburb of Lakeville. Expected to open in Spring 2022, this four-story project will be located within the Timbercrest district — a mixed-use, pedestrian-friendly development near grocery stores and retail venues.
Its apartments will include studios, junior suites, 1-bedrooms, 2-bedrooms, and 3-bedroom floor plans. Amenities such as a fitness center, community lounge, underground heated parking, outdoor patio, coffee bar, pet spa, car wash, and business center will offer high-demand conveniences.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As an Assistant Property Manager, you help people find their next home and get them connected in the community.
As a Property Manager, you will ensure residents’ needs are met while driving the success of the business. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Achieve property performance goals set by management.
- Maintain strong resident relations, ensuring the residents are served well and satisfied with the community.
- Oversee the leasing of apartments and ensure that occupancy rates are maintained.
- Direct property operations and staff in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff to ensure work orders, building repairs, and corrective maintenance are being completed in a timely, correct manner.
- Oversee and manage rent collections and bank deposits.
- Pursue delinquent rents and evictions timely and aggressively.
- Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
- Work with Regional Director to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years management, leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Experience managing a property budget.
- Yardi and RENTCafé experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Local market experience preferred.
- Ability to work every other weekend, and every Saturday during peak season.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: