We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Minnetonka, MN.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The Marketing Specialist will provide advanced marketing, business development, and administrative support to our marketing department. As the Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the ownership and management of marketing functions through our RENTCafe site manager and Knock CRM. In addition, you will perform website updates, perform call shops and property audits, support third-party business development, create and update marketing collateral, review and enhance our internet listing sites (ILS) advertising, and provide overall marketing and leasing support on a variety of special projects and recurring tasks. The ideal candidate for this role will be a multi-faceted marketer who is willing to own multiple channels at once, optimizing to increase efficiencies. The person for this role should have a healthy balance of creative and analytical skill sets as the responsibilities range between the two. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Working with Marketing Manager(s) to implement marketing campaigns
- Understanding sales and leasing workflows and ensuring on-site teams are achieving KPIs (e.g., pulling leasing reports, tracking metrics, looking for ways to improve resident retention)
- Creating content for our resident loyalty program (Modern Message)
- Overseeing marketing technology systems used to enhance customer reviews, engage and retain residents, and nurture leads (e.g., Birdeye, Modern Message, Knock CRM)
- Creating third-party business development presentation materials and conducting multiple property audits each week
- Designing and writing multi-touch campaigns (e.g., email marketing, flyers, social media, etc.)
- Reviewing property marketing efforts on a monthly basis and working with on-site staff to make improvements as needed
- Making website updates in RENTCafé, Wix, and WordPress platforms as well as updates to ILS such as apartments.com
- Other duties as assigned
This is a rare opportunity to develop marketing for a variety of brands within a growing multifamily portfolio across the nation!
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business, or related field preferred)
- Direct experience utilizing Yardi and RENTCafe property management platforms is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a corporate or agency environment
- 1+ year digital experience
- Must be a savvy marketer who enjoys a fast paced, growth-minded environment
- Experience in real estate property management, leasing, and/or B2C marketing preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills — is clear, concise, positive, and professional
- Able to interact with wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Excel; WordPress, Wix, and RENTCafe preferred; Knock or similar CRM; MailChimp; Google Analytics, Google My Business, AdWords, and SEO; Adobe Creative Suite; Facebook, Instagram
- Self-motivated, self-directed, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, inquisitive, motivating, energetic, and results-driven
- Flexible to juggle multiple projects and priorities to meet changing deadlines
- Embodies our core values: passion, integrity, work ethic, ownership mindset, and teamwork
- Maintains neat, well-groomed, professional appearance
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b