Maintenance Technician – Rowat Lofts
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Des Moines, IA as a Maintenance Technician. Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including student housing, affordable, and market rate apartments. Many are developed and/or owned by our affiliate, Roers Companies. Core Living has grown each year since being founded in 2013. We now manage more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth recently earned us a place on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50.
Rowat Lofts is a 162-unit community and 3rd party management deal project that is located just on the edge of East Village. Rowat Lofts is a luxury community on the site formerly occupied by Rowat Cut Stone and boasts many amenities such as a rooftop demonstration kitchen, community lodge, theatre screening room, and an outdoor courtyard.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As a Maintenance Technician, you help residents feel safe, comfortable, and happy with their homes.
As a Maintenance Technician at Rowat Lofts, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- General maintenance of multifamily apartment buildings, including occupied apartment units.
- Repairs in electrical, plumbing and appliances.
- Participation in cleaning and painting during unit turns.
- Snow removal
- Regular, professional and courteous communications with Property Managers, Maintenance Managers, and Residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ year’s property maintenance experience
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include ability to lift up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.