Maintenance Technician – Canary Lofts
**$2,000 Sign On Bonus!!**
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Des Moines, IA as a Maintenance Technician.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
Canary Lofts is more than a place to call home. Based on a design-led aesthetic and commitment to modern simplicity, our 135 lofts are functional, luxurious, conveniently located, and bathed in natural light.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will help us fulfill our mission of connecting residents to community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- General maintenance of multifamily apartment buildings, including occupied apartment units.
- Repairs in electrical, plumbing and appliances.
- Participation in cleaning and painting during unit turns.
- Snow removal
- Regular, professional, and courteous communications with Property Managers, Maintenance Managers, and Residents.
- On-call schedule; responds to emergency calls after hours and on weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ year’s property maintenance experience (apartment maintenance experience preferred).
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work weekend and evening on-call schedule in addition to regular Monday – Friday schedule.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include ability to lift up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, passing physical, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: