Maintenance Manager — Beyond Apartments
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Woodbury, MN as a Maintenance Manager.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
Beyond Apartments is a 255-unit apartment community in an outer suburb of St. Paul. This two-building (four- and five-story project) will be within Woodbury’s City Place district, which is a mixed-use, pedestrian-friendly village with shops, grocery, stores, and entertainment. There is excellent highway access for easy commuting. A full array of amenities will include a high-end community room, pool deck, fitness center, dog spas, golf simulator lounge, rooftop skydeck, work-from-home lounge, and more. Beyond welcomes its first residents in September 2021.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Maintenance Manager at Beyond Apartments, you will help residents feel comfortable and happy within their homes. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Manage maintenance support staff to aid in completion of maintenance department responsibilities.
- Keep units and buildings well-maintained, and tenants happy, through regular on-site inspections and building upgrades.
- Monitor unit grounds regularly and keep clean of debris at all times.
- Manage efficient material purchases of vendors by accurately estimating needs of each individual job.
- Manage multiple independent contractor maintenance vendors to efficiently maximize completion of tenant generated work order requests, unit turns, renovations, preventive maintenance, and other projects as necessary.
- Be familiar with the mechanical functions of the building to assure no interruptions of service are experienced by the residents.
- Provides management with unit and common area renovation suggestions based on available competing offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree or certificate of completion from a trade school strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in maintenance or related carpentry/construction. Apartment maintenance experience preferred.
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or willingness to obtain one, if applicable.
- Willingness and ability to work on-call rotation (evenings and weekends)
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, and e mail
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include ability to lift up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Current and valid driver’s license required. Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR) and have a safe driving record.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, passing physical, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: