Leasing Consultant – CWC
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Milwaukee, WI as a Leasing Consultant.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
The Community Within the Corridor (CWC) consists of 197 affordable multi-family housing units and more than 60,000 square feet of commercial and community space. This under-served corner of Milwaukee will be rejuvenated with a $59 million investment and repurposing of two city blocks’ worth of long-vacant historic industrial buildings. In addition to offering much-needed affordable housing, CWC will offer courtyard and gym space, a daycare, a laundromat, youth and adult development programs, and more.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Leasing Consultant, you will help people find their next home and get them connected in the community. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Actively solicit business to achieve occupancy and rental goals of the property.
- Assure that prospective residents are reached through advertising and further market the property by responding to phone inquiries, internal leads and property tours.
- Lead property tours for prospective residents, showcasing all the amenities the property has to offer.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound financial decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects unit during move-in and move-outs, walking units and the community as needed.
- Coordinate community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years leasing and/or sales experience preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, knowledge of internet, email and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Roers Companies and Core Living are focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b