Groundskeeper — Spectrum Apartments
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minneapolis, MN as a Groundskeeper. Come join our thriving multifamily property management company currently ranked No. 801 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. We manage student housing, affordable, and market rate apartments in more than a dozen cities in 6 states.
We are looking for an energetic Groundskeeper to keep our property’s grounds functionally and aesthetically sound. The Groundskeeper will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and the pool area. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, and weeds. This position will work 10 hours per week, the months of May – October. Average of 2 hours per day Monday – Friday. The months of November – April, the hours will increase to 3 hours per day, Monday – Friday.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are always pleasant – both visually and operatively. Top candidates are hard-working, meticulous, and patient.
- Maintaining site landscaping, including replacing/freshening the mulch.
- Maintaining lawns, tress, shrubs, flowers, tuff, and irrigation.
- Trimming trees, hedges, and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws, and shovels efficiently.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Removing snow by using a shovel or snow blower.
- High School diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of Groundskeeper or related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include; ability to life up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
This position is not benefit eligible.
Core Living is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.