Corporate Leasing Specialist
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our Marketing & Leasing team as a Corporate Leasing Specialist in the Twin Cities.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The Corporate Leasing Specialist (CLS) will be responsible for leading the lease-up of our new-construction properties, focused on the Twin Cities market. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the multi-family industry, successful lease-up experience, and a passion and talent for sales.
The Corporate Leasing Specialist will get involved 9–12 months before a property’s first residents move in to drive pre-leasing during construction until the permanent on-site team is hired and onboarded. This means the CLS is focused on the property through opening day, ensuring a successful onboarding for the permanent Property Manager and Leasing Consultant who can bring the property to stabilization. Your workplace location may vary and include our Minnetonka corporate headquarters office, the lease-up property’s model apartment or job trailer, or a leasing office. This position may also support training of leasing professionals and take on special projects as directed by the Director of Marketing & Leasing (DML).
After a new property opens, the CLS will focus on the next lease-up.
This role’s first two property lease-ups will be the Bloomington and Maple Grove locations of our new Risor project.
Risor is a new collection of vibrant 55+ communities for empty nesters ready to spread their wings and celebrate the next adventure. Residents can shed the obligations of homeownership and be free to focus on the hobbies, pursuits, and people that bring joy and meaning to their world.
The Risor Bloomington project is situated on 34th Avenue S. in an Opportunity Zone. The community will sit on a bluff overlooking green space and the Mississippi River. The 145-unit community will include one-bedroom, one + den, two-bedroom, and two + den homes with an abundance of amenities designed for its active 55+ residents’ convenience and leisure — including a pool, social lounge overlooking the river, club room, fitness center, game room, underground parking, and pickleball court. Risor will welcome its first Bloomington residents in Spring 2023.
- Leading a new lease-up of 200+ units by following up with all prospective residents to answer questions, schedule tours, and ultimately secure leases at a pace that meets or exceeds proforma leasing goals
- Providing ongoing feedback regarding rents, property fees, market trends, and tour comments to our DML
- Preparing a property information document to ensure all staff have the needed information before a property opens
- Conducting construction hard hat tours, leasing tours, and virtual tours
- Prepping the building for move-ins by working with construction, management, marketing, etc.
- Holding weekly leasing meetings with DML
- Consistently achieving KPIs in Knock CRM
- Following Core Living leasing fundamentals as well as Fair Housing laws
- Preparing accurate, thorough, and on-time weekly leasing reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years property management, leasing, and/or sales experience required
- 1+ market-rate lease up for a new apartment building strongly preferred
- RENTCafé, CRM/Knock, and Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs to develop and/or complete required reports and manage customer communication
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales and customer service skills sufficient to be our lease-up specialist
- Ability to work every other Saturday during peak lease-up season
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset — loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, and self-motivated
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include — but are not limited to — ability to walk property, including up to 5 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment, and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b