Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Compliance Manager.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for daily support of site compliance activities related to the property’s affordable housing rules and regulations, and Core Living policy. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Auditing process – thorough review of all regulatory compliance records in accordance with state, federal, and local regulations
- Completing Program assessments and compliance reviews
- Inspecting all types of certification packets for completeness
- Traveling to other properties in state and out of state to help assist the property managers with compliance
- Completing monthly and Annual Year End Reporting Requirements
- Creating of related affordable policy and procedure
- Relationship management with state agency officials
- Entering resident records and generate essential certification within Yardi
- Complying with all fair housing laws and communicate with appropriate outside finance entities
- Preparing various compliance reports to present to the Management/Operations and the Senior leadership team
- Assuming responsibility for communicating resident and program information from the tenant/resident income certifications for accurate program data reporting to funders on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis, as prescribed by the specific funders, in collaboration with the site leadership,
- Developing and leading program compliance training to ensure adherence to upmost compliance standards
- Assisting with lease-up activities of new sites, which may include attending meetings, providing staffing support, and auditing move-in files
- Assisting with training of property management staff
- Creating programs and manage social service provider relationships
- Working on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities completed
- Management of relationship with 3rd party compliance (Yardi RightSource)
- Other tasks & duties as assigned based on business need
- 1- 3 years’ experience as a compliance specialist, site manager, or assistant manager responsible for processing paperwork and regulation compliance for a property or properties with LIHTC and HUD Program, such as Project Based Section 8 or Section 236. HOME experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred
- Ability to analyze and complete income calculations
- Strong communication, organizational, and reasoning skills are required
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust.
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b