Caretaker – The Bluffs of Williston
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Williston, ND as a Caretaker.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
The Bluffs of Williston offers a contemporary retreat from a fast-paced, active lifestyle. This 148-unit apartment community features studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans with an extensive amenities package that includes a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, a breakfast bar, and a significant amount of counter space. Each unit has a washer and dryer, walk-in closets, nine-foot ceilings, and designer finishes. Community amenities include headed underground parking stalls, a fitness center, community room, and spa.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Caretaker, you will help residents feel safe, comfortable, and happy within their homes. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Tour entire property (daily) to assess cleaning needs.
- Clean common areas (i.e. party rooms, laundry rooms, hallways), office and other assigned areas.
- Clean vacated units in preparation for new resident move-in.
- Vacuum, spot clean and shampoo common area rugs and carpets.
- Dust, clean and polish furniture and woodwork. Polish metal work.
- Assist with grounds work, e.g. trash pick-up, sweep sidewalks, water plans, remove snow, distribute salt/ice melt, etc.
- Clean garage area.
- Take routine care of custodial equipment and materials.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years relevant experience, preferably in the multi-housing industry.
- Prior janitorial and cleaning experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service, time management, and communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, passing physical, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b