Assistant Property Manager — Cove & Board of Trade
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our new team in Duluth, MN as an Assistant Property Manager.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
This role will support two properties in Duluth, MN: Cove Apartments & Board of Trade Lofts.
Nestled near the shores of Lake Superior in the heart of Duluth, Cove Apartments celebrates the harbor city with nautical-inspired interior touches and inviting resident spaces. On the corner of Lake Avenue and East First Street, the 1910 Builders Exchange property and adjoining Interstate Auto building have been reinvented as a cozy 48-unit apartment community.
The Historic Duluth Board of Trade Lofts is is Duluth’s Premiere Downtown Living! Located on the corner of W 1st Street and N 3rd Ave E, this centrally located community is the perfect distance to great dining options, Historic Arts & Theatre District, and much more! This beautiful property boasts 84 apartment lofts.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As an Assistant Property Manager, you will ensure residents’ needs are met while driving the success of the business. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Actively solicit business to achieve occupancy and rental goals of the property.
- Assure that prospective residents are reached through advertising and further market the property by responding to phone inquiries, internal leads and property tours.
- Lead property tours for prospective residents, showcasing all the amenities the property has to offer.
- Help set the standard on how other staff members engage prospective and current residents.
- Help with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound financial decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects unit during move-in and move-outs, walking units and the community as needed.
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred
- Local market experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, knowledge of internet, email and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: