Assistant Property Manager – CORE-Ames
Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Ames, IA as an Assistant Property Manager.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
About the Property
CORE is a 97-unit, 132-bed student housing community, catering to students and young professionals. CORE’s unit mix fills a void in the Ames market with junior suites, one-, and two-bedroom apartments, and is conveniently located just a mile and a half away from campus. CORE’s amenities package includes a year-round hot tub, rooftop terrace with grills, a lounge, tanning, 24/7 Starbucks coffee bar, dog wash, fitness center and more!
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As an Assistant Property Manager, you will ensure residents’ needs are met while driving the success of the business. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Actively solicit business to achieve occupancy and rental goals of the property.
- Assure that prospective residents are reached through advertising and further market the property by responding to phone inquiries, internal leads and property tours.
- Lead property tours for prospective residents, showcasing all the amenities the property has to offer.
- Help set the standard on how other staff members engage prospective and current residents.
- Help with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound financial decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects unit during move-in and move-outs, walking units and the community as needed.
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred
- Local market experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, knowledge of internet, email and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b