Core Living is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as an AP Clerk.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. As an AP Clerk, you will help ensure the financial success of our properties and corporate entities.
This position will support the accounting team in ensuring the needs of our fast-paced work environment are met. The individual in this role will need to proactively solve problems, be a team player, and be an excellent communicator. In a given day, your tasks may include:
· Open mail and distribute.
· Monitor the AP email account and follow up.
· Review, code and send invoices to P2P Yardi Full service.
· Verify invoices were processed correctly into P2P.
· Manage the timeliness of invoices in workflow; send analysis reports to managers/regionals.
· Set up new vendors, clean up vendor list, maintain current documents on vendors, and verify correct billing addresses.
· Manage exceptions queue daily and make sure invoices are processed timely.
· Act as the point of contact for managers on invoice maintenance (property code changes, duplicate entry assistance, research history).
· Research vendor statements and request invoices not received or processed.
· Process deposit accounting/mailing and any other payments as requested.
· Send bank deposits/letters.
· Create Property Credit Card Invoices and upload to P2P.
· Assist with quarterly investor distributions.
· Process annual 1099’s.
· Enter corporate payables in QuickBooks
· Weekly AP check processing
· Create pivot tables for property billbacks and then create invoices for payment
· Verify Wire Transactions Information
· Complete Credit Applications for new vendors
· Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years accounting experience (Accounts Payable experience preferred)
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and QuickBooks experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Organized, detail oriented, excellent time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Core Living is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b