We are seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as an Accountant.
Roers Companies is a development company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, currently ranked among the top five developers in the Twin Cities. Our team has developed more than 5,000 multifamily units that include market-rate apartments, affordable housing, senior living, and student apartments. We’re a high-grown company that recently celebrated $1 billion in completed development — and we’re on pace to double that by 2023.
Core Living is a growing multifamily property management company and is Roers’ sister company. We manage communities throughout the Midwest including market rate apartments, affordable, and student housing. We now manage more than 4,000 rental apartments in six states — and counting. In fact, Core Living’s incredible growth has earned us a position on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the last three years in a row.
You’re passionate about your work and driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As an Accountant, you ensure the financial success of our development properties, operating properties and corporate entities. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Reviewing the consolidated financial statement of the organization as it relates to Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate billing, as well as preparation of accounting related entries to various general ledgers.
- Month and Year-end close process including preparations of journal entries.
- Managing financial reporting and budgeting, as well as cash flow projections.
- Reconciliation of credit card process.
- Leader of accounts payable and receivable process including invoice coding and check cutting.
- Analyzing data for the purpose of supporting business decision-making.
- Assisting with quarterly investor reports and distributions.
- Working with on-site staff to keep accurate tenant ledgers and charges.
- Processing deposit accounting refund checks, write offs and files to collections.
- Processing required mortgage reporting expenditures, budgets, and taxes.
- Booking construction draws each month and assist in development closings.
- Performing bank reconciliations each month.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years general accounting experience
- Real Estate Development Accounting experience preferred
- Software experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, and Yardi (or similar software)
- Organized, detail oriented, excellent time management skills
- Top notch customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear)
- Ability to embrace company values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies and Core Living are focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/83Iy24550b