Regional Property Manager
We are looking for a dynamic property manager to join our team as a regional manager based out of Williston, ND. Our Bakken portfolio includes market-rate properties in Williston, Stanley, Tioga, New Town, Killdeer, and Sidney, MN. We are looking for an individual that will embrace and be an example of our core values every day.
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest region. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the physical asset and maximizing returns from the asset in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Responsible for training and development of all personnel assigned, either directly or through others.
- Reports to Director of Property Management.
- Supervises all on-site personnel at properties assigned.
- Maintains relationships with peers and all other departments within the company.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others serving the company or the property.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position.
- Maintaining the physical asset.
- Supervises employees and contractors.
- Assures adherence to specifications (contractual; operations manual).
- Conducts formal site inspections of building interior and exterior.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Ensures observance of safety regulations.
- Marketing and leasing.
- Supervises leasing personnel.
- Regularly evaluates market conditions and property comparables.
- Implements marketing plan.
- Periodically reviews rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
- Rent management.
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Approves and monitors rental rate recommendations for new leases and renewals based on current market information.
- Financial reporting and control.
- Reviews and helps develop annual property management plan and operating budget.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports.
- Approves payments (payroll, invoices).
- Approves expenditures in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Handles employee selection, training, and control, and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Ensures property files and records are maintained.
- Continually improves management and technical skills.
- Spends agreed-upon percentage of time on obtaining market knowledge, community relations, and asset evaluation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience at on-site and supervisory levels preferred.
- Real estate license (if applicable).
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office.
- Yardi/Rent Cafe or other equivalent industry software.
- Travel is required for this position throughout the Bakken region on a weekly basis. This position will also require attendance at our corporate meetings in Minneapolis 2 times per year (Jan/July)
Please include your resume and answer the following questions in your application.
- How many years of property management experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- What are your salary requirements?