Regional Property Manager
We are looking for a dynamic property manager to join our team as a regional manager based out of Des Moines, IA. Our Iowa portfolio includes market-rate properties in Des Moines and Ames, IA. We are looking for an individual that will embrace and be an example of our core values every day.
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest region. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
Our company is currently looking for a professional and responsible individual who is an expert communicator to fill the role of Regional Property Manager. This position has the exciting opportunity to help grow and build our portfolio. Our portfolio currently consists of approximately 3,200 units.
Responsibilities for this position involve the full range of property management functions including, but not limited to, implementation and follow-through of a detailed business plan, sales-oriented approach, property management, tenant relations, and responsible for managing and leading a team of property managers, leasing agents and maintenance engineers. This Regional Property Manager will spend approximately 30% of the time visiting properties and 70% in an office setting.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the physical asset and maximizing returns from the asset in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Oversee the residential property management team, including developing and ensuring implementation of the scope of work, annual operating budgets, reviewing performance, completion of financial and operations-related reports, lease-ups, and overall success of the portfolio.
- Develop and implement a strategy for marketing, leasing, maximizing revenues and net operating income, and managing vacancy costs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, recommend actions, and implement execution.
- Use personal initiative, attention to detail, good judgment, and clear communication to develop effective working relationships with colleagues, residents, and others.
- Reports to Director of Property Management.
- Supervises all on-site personnel at properties assigned.
- Maintains relationships with peers and all other departments within the company.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others serving the company or the property.
- 8+ years of experience managing residential real estate (e.g. apartments, condominium, etc.).
- Real estate license (if applicable).
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Familiar with property management and accounting software such as Yari, Rent Cafe, or other equivalent industry software.
- Highly organized and capable of meeting strict deadlines and understanding the sense of urgency.
- Able to undertake multiple projects, manage shifting priorities, and handle a heavy workload.
- Provide mentorship and strategy to team–not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help the team out.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset– loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity–trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.Travel is required for this position throughout the Iowa region on a weekly basis. This position will also require attendance at our corporate meetings in Minneapolis two times per year (Jan/July), along with bi-monthly visits to our corporate office.