Roers Companies and Core Living Management is a growing Property Management/Development company, who is looking for a full-time Property Manager to join our team at one of our newest developments, beautiful luxury apartments in Ames, Iowa.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-year property management, leasing or sales experience. This qualified professional will be self-motivated, have outstanding customer service abilities, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Weekend availability, especially Saturdays, and Yardi & Rent Cafe experience is preferred.
Achieve lease-up goals by effectively marketing, selling, and following up with prospective residents, working to maximize the value of the owners’ investment.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Provide tours of the apartment complex and community to potential residents for the purpose of leasing apartments.
• Communicate with potential residents the advantages of leasing at the property.
• Complete traffic sheets and maintains guest card files for the manager.
• Update the leasing handbook and prepare correspondence such as “thank you” notes and other general correspondence to stay in front of leads.
• Process rental applications.
• Manage and lead the leasing team.
• Establish and maintain positive resident relations, e.g. effective communications, managing resident concerns, problem solving, etc.
• Accept and assist residents in submitting their service requests.
• Assist in the execution of the developed marketing and brand plan, as instructed by the Marketing Director
• Fully utilize and manage the resident and prospect database through YARDI (property management software).
• Administer the Resident Referral and Resident Retention programs.
• Perform market research and generate market comparison reports.
• Assist with property marketing activities and community outreach initiative and event planning.
• Assist with maintenance of the appearance of the office, amenity area, models and common areas of the properties.
• Perform day to day duties and tasks as required.
• Complies with all federal and local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
Job Qualification Standards
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• 2+ year’s management, leasing or sales experience preferred.
• 2+ year’s customer service experience preferred.
• Local market experience preferred.
• Ability to work every other weekend, and every Saturday during peak season
• Able to effectively use MS Office applications (Word and Excel), e-mail and internet.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work projects.
• Possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, owners, staff, other managers, vendors and the general public.
• Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
• Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.