We are looking for a dynamic Property Accountant to join our team at our corporate office in Minnetonka, MN. We are looking for an individual that will embrace and be an example of our core values every day.
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest regions. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
As a Property Accountant, this individual will play a key role in the company’s Accounting Department. They will perform day-to-day accounting tasks for a portfolio of properties and will interface with a variety of people including Property Managers, and other employees at the Corporate office.
- Receipt resident payments mailed to corporate office and deposit them to the various bank accounts.
- Compile and record tenant-related transactions in the general ledger.
- Prepare and submit monthly HAP vouchers to the appropriate housing authority.
- Review rent roll and gross potential rent and record any adjustments.
- Complete monthly reconciliations for bank accounts and balance sheet/income statement accounts.
- Team with site personnel to complete day-to-day accounting tasks and answer related questions.
- Collaborate with Region Managers and Property Managers to troubleshoot problems.
- Complete month-end close tasks accurately and on time.
- Assist with preparation of files for annual audit/tax return and provide support during audit fieldwork.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for investors and tax agencies.
- Meticulously maintain files and records.
- Complete all tasks while complying with GAAP, internal controls, and other internal policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience using account software, preferably Yardi
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
This position will also require attendance at our corporate meetings in Minneapolis 2 times per year (Jan/July).