Maintenance Technician – Core-Ames
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Ames, IA. CORE is a 97-unit, 132-bed student housing community, catering to students and young professionals. CORE’s unit mix fills a void in the Ames market with junior suites, one-, and two-bedroom apartments, and is conveniently located just a mile and a half away from campus. CORE’s amenities package includes a year-round hot tub, rooftop terrace with grills, a lounge, tanning, 24/7 Starbucks coffee bar, dog wash, fitness center and more!
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest regions. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
As a Maintenance Technician, you are a part of the team who provides superior customer service to the residents at our beautiful community. You must have experience in the areas of appliance repair, plumbing, and electrical. Additionally, you will be making our units turnkey for the new residents moving in.
- General maintenance of multifamily apartment buildings, including occupied apartment units.
- Repairs in electrical, plumbing and appliances.
- Participation in cleaning and painting during unit turns.
- Snow removal
- Regular, professional and courteous communications with Property Managers, Maintenance Managers, and Residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ year’s property maintenance experience
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include; ability to life up to 75 pounds, climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times per day, sometimes carrying tools and supplies; work on ladder or scaffolding.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report check, negative drug test and passing a physical.