We are looking for a dynamic Maintenance Manager to join our team in St. Cloud, MN. Our College Living property is a 389-bed student housing portfolio that provides a variety of off-campus apartments for rent across the St. Cloud metro. The eight apartment buildings in the portfolio are located just blocks from St. Cloud State University’s campus. We are looking for an individual that will embrace and be an example of our core values every day.
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest regions. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
The Maintenance Manager is expected to take an interest in and be responsible for the good condition and appearance of the building and the grounds, and to be certain that all equipment is maintained properly and functioning efficiently.
- Manage multiple independent contractor maintenance vendors to efficiently maximize completion of tenant generated work order requests, unit turns, renovations, preventive maintenance, and other projects as necessary.
- Manage maintenance support staff to aid in completion of maintenance department responsibilities.
- Manage efficient material purchases of vendors by accurately estimating needs of each individual job.
- Keep units and buildings well-maintained, and tenants happy, through regular on-site inspections and building upgrades.
- Monitor unit grounds regularly and keep clean of debris at all times.
- Be familiar with the mechanical functions of the building to assure no interruptions of service are experienced by the residents.
- Provides management with unit and common area renovation suggestions based on available competing offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree or certificate of completion from a trade school strongly preferred
- 2+ year’s property maintenance experience
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test and physical. Employees must maintain reliable transportation daily, valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.