Roers Companies and Core Living Management is a growing Property Management/Development company, who is looking for a full-time Leasing Agent to join our team in Des Moines, IA. We are looking for an individual that will embrace and be an example of our core values every day.
Our headquarters are based out of the Twin Cities and we have experienced rapid growth in the Midwest regions. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-years property management, leasing or sales experience. The qualified professional will be self-motivated, have outstanding customer service abilities, with strong verbal and written communication skills. The main objective this role is to achieve lease-up goals, set by the company, by effectively marketing, selling, and following up with prospective residents, working to maximize the value of the owners’ investment. Weekend availability especially Saturdays and Yardi & Rent Café experience is preferred.
- Provide tours of the apartment complex and community to potential residents for the purpose of leasing apartments.
- Communicate with potential residents the advantages of leasing at the property.
- Complete traffic sheets and maintain guest card files for the Property Manager.
- Update the leasing handbook and prepare correspondence such as “thank you” notes and other general correspondence to stay in front of leads.
- Process rental applications.
- Manager and lead the leasing team.
- Establish and maintain positive resident relations, e.g. effective communications, managing resident concerns, problem solving, etc.
- Accept and assist residents in submitting their service requests.
- Assist in the execution of the development marketing and brand plan, as instructed by the Marketing Director.
- Fully utilize and manage the resident and prospect database through YARDI (Property Management software).
- Administer the Resident Referral and Resident Retention programs.
- Perform market research and generate market comparison reports.
- Assist with property marketing activities and community outreach initiative and even planning.
- Assist with maintenance of the appearance of the office, amenity area, models and common areas of the properties.
- Perform day to day duties and tasks as required.
- Compliance with all federal and local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 2+ year’s management, leasing and/or sales experience preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred.
- Local market experience preferred.
- Ability to work every other weekend, and every Saturday during peak season.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.